Sunday, June 21, 2015

Japan 2015

Japan round two! A couple of months ago I went to Japan with my old pen pal, Lauren, for two weeks. It's so crazy to think Lauren and I met five years ago here on LJ. We had a wonderful two weeks hopping around the country. We started and ended in Tokyo, but in between visited Nara, Kyoto, Osaka, Okayama, Naoshima Island, Niigata, and Yudanaka. We were on the go go GO. 

I think some of my highlights were making a new friend in Tokyo, hitchhiking to the port to catch a ferry because we missed the last bus, Lauren dropping her phone in the toilet at the museum, a few days later dropping my phone the Turrell House of Light onsen, having drinks at a Mario Bros. bar, being harassed by deer and monkeys, and discovering the best hidden sushi place. 

We met our now good friend, Kee, the first day we got to Tokyo. I had never met him before... just reached out to him on Instagram because I thought he'd be the best person to ask for Japanese food recommendations. Well, I think I couldn't have asked a better person! Just to name a few... he showed us the best places for beef katsu, pork katsu, sushi, tofu donuts, and ramen. Yum yum YUM. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. One day we'll run around Tokyo again! I’m so happy we met Kee and other friends on the way. It was the most perfect trip. Here are a few pics (a mix of iPhone and 35mm film):


No comments:

Post a Comment