Thursday, March 10, 2016

Bonsai

A few weekends ago I visited the Central Texas Bonsai Exhibit. It was a random stop on the way to have lunch in Wimberley. This place was wonderful... so many bonsais that were kept in great shape. The owner (Chuck?) spoke with us for a quite a while about what they are and how to care for one. I really enjoyed seeing the Texas native bonsai trees. He also had a great selection of tropical bonsais inside. My boyfriend ended up buying a Brazilian Rain Tree from him. So far, the little thing is living it up in front of his kitchen window.

Also, I want to mention that I kept hearing these melodic sounds while walking around the exhibit. It almost sounded like the sounds made when a subway door opens in Tokyo. Next time I go, I'll have to ask Chuck where it was coming from. I thought they might have had something to do with controlling the temperature in the rooms. Who knows... it was just a nice memory trigger.






No comments:

Post a Comment