Sunday, May 15, 2016

Pentax DSLR

I've been playing around with my old Pentax dslr lately. The camera is now over 10 years old, but it still works great. My boyfriend bought a new Nikon dslr starter kit yesterday. So, it got me into thinking about getting a new toy. I ended up buying a Sigma 24mm 1.8 on Ebay for only $200 with shipping. I can't wait to pay around with it! This picture was taken with my manual 50mm 1.4 lens, which I still love... but it's only manual focus. I wouldn't mind manual focus if my view finder was a little bigger. It's difficult to tell what's in focus. Also, since my Pentax is not full-frame and has a cropped sensor, 50mm is more like 70mm. The 24mm lens will be similar to 35mm AND it has auto focus. I think this new set up is going to be similar to what I use in film, but more economical. My Natura Black point and shoot film camera is has a 24mm 1.9 lens. I love it for shooting close objects and in low light... but it's gets pretty expensive. It just feels good to put my old Pentax to use and have a good lens I'd use forever.



No comments:

Post a Comment