Monday, June 13, 2016

Bread


I've been making bread since my trip to New Orleans. The guy we stayed with made fresh bread in his bread machine every morning. It smelled amazing. So he inspired me to make my own and save a little money. I don't have a bread machine, but I was able to find some great oven recipes. My favorite ones have a long proofing time and are no-knead.

This is an olive loaf I made last weekend. One loaf was for my parents. Sadly, I left the loaf in a zip lock bag in a tote bag on the ground and my dog got to it while I was talking to someone outside. She ate about half the loaf... I was so bummed and scared for her. Fortunately, Pepper didn't get sick, she was just really thirsty from all the olives.

Here are a few links I found useful/interesting:

































No comments:

Post a Comment